Many people like to practise their running skills at nightfall or late evenings, as at these times when the city is as quiet and peaceful as it can be. Also, getting out at these times can be very refreshing and healthy too, as the fresh and unpolluted air enters the lungs of the runner, purifies them as well. But at the same time, there is a problem which comes with it. This problem is the low visibility which comes as the sun goes down. It can be very dangerous to wander about in low visibility, as any vehicle wouldn’t be able to notice the person running. Now, it may seem that night running isn’t that good after all, but it is really very beneficial, especially when you use a special reflective running gear as a LED Vest for running found in the market nowadays. This kind of next generation running gear uses a combination of both LED lighting and reflective surfaces to make an extremely visible kind of surface.
Some other places where this technology is used
As this kind of reflective clothing is extremely efficient for illumination of dark places, it finds application in a variety of places. Many people use this kind of gear for cave exploration and spelunking, as caves are often very dark and navigating through them can be very hard. Also, campers prefer this kind of gear as it is very visible, so they can give out emergency signals in the dark and also illuminate dark places easily. These gadgets are also used by firefighters, who find it necessary to navigate through dark paths for cutting off electricity. Skiers also use this kind of clothing in foggy winters. Thus, we can see how useful it is.
Things to keep in mind before buying one of these
It is always better to keep certain things in mind before buying something to avoid confusion and hesitation. So, given below are the few factors which can help you buy the best reflective gear:
- Visibility quotient: The main work of reflective clothing is to increase the visibility of the person wearing it. So, it can be considered as a major factor. Before buying a reflective gear, you’ll have to decide if the illumination offered by the device is good enough.
- The designof the gear: The design of the gear is also very important. A reflective gear having a unisex design is often more desirable as it can be worn by both men and women.
- Portability: The portability factor of a reflective gear defines its comfort value. A heavyweight gear obviously isn’t desirable while running. So, lightweight gears are the best in this category.
- Modes: Some reflective gears have special modes of illumination which can save power while increasing the visibility of the person in the dark. One such mode is the flashing mode. In this mode, small bursts of light are given out. This allows increased viewing capability and also saves power.
- Power source: The reflective gears using power sources which can be replaced are very popular in the market. However, many gears use alternate power sources too like sunlight or the motion of the runner.